Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo any one catch this Clear Channel Broadcasting just put out word that their pulling Howard Stern's Show off the air Immediately in six markets. I believe New York's not one of them but you guys in San Diego got the shaft.

From what I've heard thus far it seems it had something to do with a discussion regarding to the Super Bowl stunt.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4375426/

·
Loose female member
4,885 Posts
I love this line from Clear channel

“We have a legal obligation to reject programming that’s inappropriate for the airwaves, irrespective of any contractual relationship,” said a Clear Channel spokesman.

Did they not watch any of his shows over the past few years?

Damn fools, now their getting all sensitive..

Thanks Jackson !

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
clear channel's stupid. :roll:

ever since they took over the stations in san diego, the stations starting sucking more than they did in the first place. much more talking too. :mad: bastards.
i'd rather set myself on fire than listen to the radio out there. :thumbdow:

·
wishin
3,664 Posts
They pulled him off the air here in CO after Columbine and all the comments he made. Since then I can only catch him on his E show.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
First O&A, now Stern ... the radio is going to shit without the offensive stuff!!!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
considering what he said really wasn't all that bad I think its total horseshit...we as americans should wonder why the fcc is in overreactive mode right now and has companies walking on egg shells. Face it kids hear worse then that on a daily basis at school....luckily i get to hear them on WYSP

also i find it ironic that he bashed the passion of christ movie yesterday along with religion in general etc and all the sudden he is pulled for something that happened a couple days back.

Ah how religion so belongs in our society :roll:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'm surprised you guys like him.....he says some nasty stuff.....

"Man, there were some good looking girls in that Columbine school. I wonder why the kids didn't rape any of em."

To me that's just wrong. Things like THAT are probably what got him pulled. But, when he's less serious about sick shit like that, then it's funny :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
well it's about time. i thought they would have pulled him years ago since all his material is the same shit over and over again.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Kiyoshi said:
I'm surprised you guys like him.....he says some nasty stuff.....

"Man, there were some good looking girls in that Columbine school. I wonder why the kids didn't rape any of em."

To me that's just wrong. Things like THAT are probably what got him pulled. But, when he's less serious about sick shit like that, then it's funny :thumbup:
just to clarify what got him pulled was a caller calling in and using the N-word so really you have to ask yourself since when does he control callers? Now lets be clear here he hung up on the caller instantly and this isn't the first time a caller has called and said something out of line. Stern didn't get the title shock jock by being PC and lets face it his reviews of most world issues are dead on, its just that by keeping things shocking he keeps many more listeners

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I love have racial slurs get him pulled but talking about women's breast size or whether or not they are wearing panties doesn't.....

·
Lisa Simpson
15,044 Posts
I have never been a Stern fan, but I have listened to O&A and Bubba the love sponge, and I would take Stern over those fools any day. I agree that Stern used his bully pulpit to provoke and antagonize, but I can't say he didn't have any redeeming value. His predecessor, Shawn Collins was pretty decent, too. The other two shows were pale imitations.

While I am glad he's finally off the air, I do wish Clear Channel had done it in a less reactionary manner.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Although I am a huge Stern fan. I am really glad they pulled him in those markets. I still get him here in Cincy but it's good to know that there are 6 markets in the country that won't have planes flying into buildings, kids smoking crack, and women getting raped. Because God knows Stern is the root of all the worlds problems. :roll:

I am going out on a limb and saying that Stern makes far more people happy than upset and in my eyes thats a wonderful thing. We need more laughter in this world.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
13 Participants
KatfishKatfish
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing