Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to tell the difference?

In the Passat brochure, the Monsoon has a Monsoon logo (vs. a VW logo) screened onto the cassette door.

Are there any other ways to tell if it's a Monsoon system vs. non-Monsoon?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
gregger said:
Any way to tell the difference?

In the Passat brochure, the Monsoon has a Monsoon logo (vs. a VW logo) screened onto the cassette door.

Are there any other ways to tell if it's a Monsoon system vs. non-Monsoon?

Thanks
The head unit may, or may not be labeled. The headunit can be configured for either system via the VW diagnostic computer. The easy way is to look in the trunk for the Monsoon amplifier. On sedans, its bolted to the underside ofthe package tray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I looked under the package shelf...nothing there but metal framework for the shelf. I assume the amp would be a black box actually hanging below the metal?

Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
gregger said:
Thanks...I looked under the package shelf...nothing there but metal framework for the shelf. I assume the amp would be a black box actually hanging below the metal?

Thanks again.
Right. No Monsoon for you :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
I just learned this - that there's no difference between the HUs Monsoon versus non!.

Until I found this out I was baffled & confused why my radio manual has "Monsoon" all over it, the HU had nothing and I didn't have an amp.

-m
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
MartySells said:
I just learned this - that there's no difference between the HUs Monsoon versus non!.

Until I found this out I was baffled & confused why my radio manual has "Monsoon" all over it, the HU had nothing and I didn't have an amp.

-m
The "System" is different, the HU is electrically the same. It is programed differently depending on application.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,078 Posts
Maybe I ought to double check for my amp in the trunk... There is no Monsoon label on my HU, but when I turn it on "Monsoon" shows up in the LCD. I never checked for an amp, just assumed it was.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
SouperSport
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top