Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm from Sweden and I am new on this forum...and I am very bad in english. Please don't be mad on my bad english :roll:

Now to the topic...I wonder how I should do to put out the service-lamp on my Passat TDI. There must be a way. I have done all the things that is required in this service...but I don't want to go to the dealer to put the lamp out. Because it costs to much money. :nervous: :(

I know it can be done on volvo s80,s70, 850...so there must be a way on this passat to...or am I wrong :???:
Please help me...it's a very annoying lamp! :mad:

Best regards!

/KaliZ, Halmstad Sweden

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Hello Kaliz and welcome to Club B5. Your English is better than some of our American member's, so don't worry about that. :)

To the best of my knowledge, the service lamp can only be reset with a VAG tool. You can learn more about this here: http://www.ross-tech.com .

Although the software isn't terribly expensive, some of our members join together in buying it, and make it available to all those who've shared the cost. This makes the investment even less. Its well worth the money if you intend to do your own maintenance.

Hope this helps. Again, welcome!

Kenny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...Thanks for the fast answer. Just my luck i figured that I would need something like that. :cry: I guess it doesn't matter if it's an yearmodell of -98 we are talking about. It's the same sh** on those ones too? :nervous:

Anyone from Sweden who has got this diagnostic kit? :shock: Who can put my lamp out...for a minor amount of money? Perhaps near Nässjö...or so? :bow:

/KaliZ

·
Lisa Simpson
15,044 Posts
Kaliz - I am not near you to help.

The software and cable is about $200 American. If you already have a laptop computer, it is very much worth the money to purchase it. Many problems can be diagnosed with the tool and it is also possible to change some functions of the car to make it more pleasing to you. Particularly if you own more than one VW, it is a must-have.

·
Registered
46 Posts
from the haynes manual:

switch off the ignition
press and hold the button next to the speedometer
switch the ignition on and release the button
turn the knob next to the tachometer clockwise
turn off the ignition

The light should turn off.

Please note: I use a Vag Com to do this, so I have no idea whether it works or not, or what it will do to your car :suspicio: so proceed with this at your own risk!

T.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tmg said:
from the haynes manual:

switch off the ignition
press and hold the button next to the speedometer
switch the ignition on and release the button
turn the knob next to the tachometer clockwise
turn off the ignition

The light should turn off.

Please note: I use a Vag Com to do this, so I have no idea whether it works or not, or what it will do to your car :suspicio: so proceed with this at your own risk!

T.
Thanks! This I like... :D I cant afford the VAG-tool right now.
Anyone who can confirm this? Who has tried it??? I don't want anything to happen to nice car...not anything that involves money.

Best regards!

/KaliZ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
atomicalex said:
Kaliz - that procedure will not do any damage to your car. At worst, your clock will have to be reset. :) Go ahead and proceed.
...well I thought it was no problem. But I wonder if anyone knows if it will work or not?...I can' test it right now because my girlfriend has the car on some work related things in an other town.

But I will try as soon as it comes back home to me :)

/KaliZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Kaliz
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing