Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on vwvortex forum posted information about a side tarp that attaches to Passat Variant roof rails -- it is offered through VW Japan. It is very very cool and we want one! Does anyone have any ideas about how to get one (without going to Japan and without a personal contact in Japan)? Is there anywhere in the US that they can be purchased?

In any case, check out how cool it is! Think of camping...being able to get into your car for stuff while it is raining and not getting wet -- or the inside of your car wet! Love that! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
jenran said:
Someone on vwvortex forum posted information about a side tarp that attaches to Passat Variant roof rails --
Hehe...me!!!

It would be intriguing if we could get some of the accessories that our counterparts have.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you thinking about hauling stuff back for the rest of us? :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
need any help??
Do you really mean you might be willing to help us purchase this via Japan? Or, do you make trips to New York? I am not sure I could ask anyone to go to all that trouble on our behalf...but I am intrigued... :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
am willing to help if you guys want to buy it from Japan
Really? That is great! But first I need to figure out if it will be prohibitively expensive...and I don't want to trouble you too much so let me know what your limits are :) .

First question: Can you find out how much it costs? I think it costs 45,000Yen but I could be wrong (and I believe that converts to about $405 usd)

Second question: How much do you think it would cost to ship it to New York?

Third question: How would we manage the transaction in terms of money -- that seems like perhaps the complicating factor -- international money order? Credit card? Paypal? Would this be personal transaction or do you work for a VW dealership in Japan?

Thanks again for offering to help! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Jenran

I will check the price at the local VW dealer this weekend, because I am on the bussiness trip this week.
The shipping cost depend on the packing weight, I also check it the dealer.
I have Paypal account and this is personal transaction :thumbup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Jenran

I will check the price at the local VW dealer this weekend, because I am on the bussiness trip this week.
The shipping cost depend on the packing weight, I also check it the dealer.
I have Paypal account and this is personal transaction :thumbup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Kokopelli,

Just wondering if you found anything out about the side tarp.

Thanks!
:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi jenran

I checked the price today, you are right, it costs 45000yen.
The packing weight might be about 10 kg (22lb) so the shipping cost to US might be 14000yen via postal service.
Total cost is about 59000yen (approx. $540) :(

Let me know how do you think.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Total cost is about 59000yen (approx. $540)
:cry:

We were afraid that it might be that expensive (and were hoping that I was wrong about the original cost). As much as we LOVE the tarp, I think we better pass (perhaps save our money for chipping). Thank you so much for helping us by finding that information out! It was incredibly kind of you and I hope we didn't inconvenience you too much. :) :beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
kokopelli said:
my pleasure! :thumbup:
Let me know if I can do anything here in Japan :)
Hi Kokopelli,

I'm interested in the antenna angle spacer (P/N: J00 CE7 A01). It could be shipped to Calexico, CA 92231. I have PayPal too.

Will you please help me get this?

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts