Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There BMW 540 wheels. I dont know the Lug Pattern , is there an adapter to make it work ???

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I thought those BBS mesh wheels have been around and had been available on early VW's, no? :???:

Didn't early GTI's have BBS mesh wheels like that?

/karl

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno

·
Registered
345 Posts
Those look a little big for MkII wheels. I think there is a 120 -> 112 adapter available...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
gezuvor said:
Those look a little big for MkII wheels. I think there is a 120 -> 112 adapter available...
Agreed...I should've made my point clearer. I don't believe those BBS wheels were made exclusively for BMW at one point.

/karl

·
Registered
117 Posts
Those are BMW Exclusive wheels by BBS. I think they are called 540style or something like that because they were available as the sport package wheel on 540 and some 528s. If my memory serves me correct BMW, Audi, and VW B5 all share the 5X112 lug pattern. The next problem is offset. I know that for those wheels to fit the MK4 they are all narrower front wheels with a milder offset. Go on the Vortex and talk to NinjaVan1sh They are his wheels.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NinjaVan1sh stated those wheels where filled and redrilled to fit his car. I want to know if there is an Adapter that would mount them to the 5x112 Pattern

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
You can find lots of companies that make custom wheels adapters, etc. that will pretty much bolt anything onto everything. I can't attest to the quality or safety of some of these products. Just google for custom wheel adapter companies

Filling and redrilling by a reputable company though is the route I would suggest for "adapting" the wheels.

·
Registered
62 Posts
if these are from a 5 series BMW the offset will be about et 15-20 ish,so by the time
you add a 20 mm wide adaptor spacer you will be running about et-5 or so
NOT GOOD :thumbdow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts