Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

I couldn't find any detailed info about this... This is the only thread that was usefull:
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41356

The In-dash CD changer has two plugs from the back... One for the Audio and the other one for the illumination...

My questions are:
1- Is there any pics about removing the center consol?
2- Where can i find the Blaupunkt 1.3 meter Extension cable?

TIA

·
Registered
87 Posts
I took my center console out a few days ago.... it's very easy... BUT, there is not much room at all under it. I mean... a couple of inches. Please elaborate about how you want to mount this. Under the armrest, right? Do you want it facing upward? Also, let me know if you want pictures of anything in particular... got the console here in my room, and camera right next to me. :)

-Hex..

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm interested in this also. Do you have a B5 or a B5.5?

I think the redesigned armrest of the B5.5 has much more space to accomodate the changer.

I'm not sure if you can do this on a B5, but I think someone has done it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ahhhh..... I see... for a B5 it would be very, very tough... but possible I'm sure. I plan on making a custom center console and puting a carputer spot right behind the armrest... in that little gap between it and the back seat.

If you do need any pics of a B5 w/o center console (or pics of the removed console or anything) just let me know....

-Hex..

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
( sorry for the thread hijack)

my master plan is to have the pc side of it in the trunk ( by the 12v plug and where the cdchanger ties in)

then have the touch screen slide out of my empty din to do my gps music obd-2 / whatever else i can think of

and then have a usb hub in the arm rest for a optional keyboard or tumb drive if needed

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
GTi 1.8Turbo said:
Hi all...

I couldn't find any detailed info about this... This is the only thread that was usefull:
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41356

The In-dash CD changer has two plugs from the back... One for the Audio and the other one for the illumination...

My questions are:
1- Is there any pics about removing the center consol?
2- Where can i find the Blaupunkt 1.3 meter Extension cable?

TIA
My thread has been resurected! What a surprise.

Sorry, don't have pictures of the console removal, just remove all the screws and it comes out. There are two screws at the split line between the front and rear halves. There are two screws in the bezel of the rear ash tray. There are three nuts under the DIN sized tray you will be removing. You also have to remove/unplug the electrical connector for the rear ash tray.

Just search the internet for the blaupunkt cable. Lots of people sell it. Its the extension cable for the ID-9 (I think that the model) in-dash 6 dash blaupunkt CD-changer. It fits other things too I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Mr_Mike
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing