Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm attempting to install new plugs into my 2001.5 GLX V6. It's up for its 40K service and I'm trying to do some thing myself. I purchased a set of the NGK plugs, and got as far as removing the plastic cover. I also removed four 5mm hex bolts that hold down the metal cage, but now I'm stuck.

I'm not sure how to proceed in order to access the plugs under the cage. How do I get this cage off? It jiggles a bit, but seems to want to stay put and I don't want to force anything. The insturctyions I found off of vwvortex only apply to 1.8s it seems. My bad.

Can anyone send me some tips? I'm a total noob...and I've tried searching the forum, but am not finding anything specific to what I'm doing. Please help. TIA.

Also, what order (if any) should I remove the plugs? I only see one sticker with the #5 on the wire. The rest don't have any identifiers that i can see. Which is which?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm done! Yay! That was sooo much easier once I was in the right area! ;-)

Car started right away. Felt smoother in terms of noise and vibration (at least I think so). A good test drive should confirm a smooth installation.

Whew! ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts