Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Running Stock 8 Psi On My 98' Passat, And I Want To Run Higher Psi, But The Question Is- Will A Boost Controller Make My Ecu Crazy- Mess Up My Car????..... Or How Can I Do This??... If Its Chipping" It What Is The Best Chip They Make?? Also I Need A Clutch And Want To Know A "cheap" Stage One Clutch Kit...if Anyone Can Help!!!!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
8psi!!! better be careful thats crazy high. you need a de-boost controller and turn that down!. pringles makes a good chip. and as for the clutch just go to a garage sale and find an old record disc, that should do the trick.

any other questions and you might wanna consider searching.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
chip, then mbc. but a chip should increase psi. you might have a little play with the stock chip as far as a manual boost controller is concerned but there is more internal stuff involved.

jgardner18

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have 34 x 26 front mount intercoller, blow off valve and k&n filter, i was planning to put an electronic boost controller, with precision 555cc injectors and fuel rail, but they telling me its gonna mess up my car, and about the clutch im on 72k miles, when i put in 4th & 5ft gear and floor it after 4 rpms it goes blank, revs up and the car stays in the same place, planning to pu a stage one clutch kit......

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
andres360 said:
i have 34 x 26 front mount intercoller, blow off valve and k&n filter, i was planning to put an electronic boost controller, with precision 555cc injectors and fuel rail, but they telling me its gonna mess up my car, and about the clutch im on 72k miles, when i put in 4th & 5ft gear and floor it after 4 rpms it goes blank, revs up and the car stays in the same place, planning to pu a stage one clutch kit......
How in the hell did you fit a 34'' x 26'' intercooler on your car?

Secondly, 555cc? Why would anyone need that much fuel on the stock turbo?

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
rollininstyle2004 said:
How in the hell did you fit a 34'' x 26'' intercooler on your car?

Secondly, 555cc? Why would anyone need that much fuel on the stock turbo?
mine isn't even close to that big. let's see some pics of the IC.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
andres360 said:
I Did It Custom And Was A Pain In The Butt To Put The Bumper Back On + Had To Do Some Cutting...
Sorry, i still dont believe you can fit something that big. Putting aside the fact that you probably have STUPID amounts of pressure drop due to the sheer volume of that thing, I just dont see how it is possible to fit.

If you dont have a photo host email the pics to me at [email protected] THESE i am willing to host.

Ill appoligize and retract all doubt when i see pictures, untill then though im not believeing it...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
andres360 said:
hahaha....555cc injectors oh man

1 - 20 of 37 Posts