Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically the side covers in the rear of a Variant! The previous owner had a white (or light colored) dog, and the interior is black. I've tried my shop vac with severl different attachements, but no luck. Will having a detail shop steam it get out dog hair? Or might it be a better Idea to just replace it?

Thanks
R2

·
Registered
791 Posts
Packing tape..

Lots and lots of it, it takes about an hour for me to clean either of my cars out after bringing the beast to the vets, but it works

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Buy a dog brush at a pet store. Its flat (about 4"x6" square)with metal brush (about 1" length) and angled about 45 degrees. It will pick-up all the dog hair and then some. It works really good - better than a lint brush.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Packing tape might work, but also try some rubber dishwashing gloves. The hair just sticks to them and will rinse off with water.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a dog that spends a lot of time in the rear of my wifes Variant, this is what I do to clean it out:

-Start by "petting" the interior with your hand to get most of the hair off. You'll have to work it in different directions.

-Follow up with duct tape or packing tape. If you get most of it in the first step you shouldn't have to use too much tape.

The first go around with this is definitely the worst. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
If the dog happens to still be attached to the hair you're trying to remove, its as easy as grabbing that bad boy by the feet and pulling.
Firmly, but it won't take too much force.

Worked fine for me, but YMMV.

·
Registered
313 Posts
mpauly said:
...try some rubber dishwashing gloves. The hair just sticks to them and will rinse off with water.
Yup, the gloves are money! Hey, I saw it on PBS and they wouldn't lie ;) Seriously, give the gloves a try, it works pretty quickly and better than most other solutions around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts