Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

How to get a radio code?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  gpjlytham 
#1 ·
Hi All

I just bought a 2010 Passat 2.0T wagon. It had/has a few electrical issues. One of the issues was the radio, the CD part of the radio wasn't working and that was causing an electrical draw. I bought a replacement radio from a scrap yard and installed it but it needs a code to work?

I researched it on the net and I see that the code might be in the trunk of the car (it wasn't) or it might be in the radio part of the owners manual but the car didn't have any of the manuals. I found info saying that a VW dealer would be able to give me the code for free, but I called 3 VW dealers and they all said they don't do that anymore and they want $50 - $75 to give me the code.

Does anyone have a magic way to get me a code either for free or at a reasonable cost?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hi All
I couldn't find a way to get a code, I found a website that would sell me the code for $22 but it was listed as "not secure" so i didn't feel safe putting my credit card details on the site, so the dealer was my only choice. I phonend around and found a dealer (Chapman in Scottsdale) that would do it for $35.

The new to me radio is slightly different from the original radio and I cannot work out how to program the phone, It might not work as it's a different model of radio but does anyone have a manual for a VW Continental radio 3C0 035 684 B?

The new to me radio looks like: -

#4 ·
Update. The old radio didn't have navigation and the new radio does. As the car wasn't wired for navigation it didn't have a gps antenna and therefore didn't have the blue connector. I bought a gps antenna with a Fakra C Blue Connector for $10 off amazon and it works. I put the antenna in the center of the dash by the window and hid the wires under the dash. I doubt that I will use the gps as google maps work so well but all the features of the "new to me" factory radio are working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.