Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. The title says it all. The Passat was driven over a hump in the road, and landed a little too hard, breaking the sump. I can install a new one myself, but I’m really struggling to find where to buy one here in the UK. I was wondering if the sump is similar to on other cars such as the Corrado VR6, or golf R32, to make finding a replacement easier. Thanks for any assistance. I’m more of a Citroen man myself, but this is for a friend. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
The title of this Forum says it all.
Passat B5 Discussion. Years 1997 - 2005
Doesn't anybody read anymore?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m sorry. I did read that but I’m not a Passat enthusiast so it went over my head.

·
Registered
27,235 Posts
It's a fairly common mistake, you can check on the B6 Forum or at most online parts stores. I don't know if the other VR6 pans would swap over at the B6 had a 3.6L that used a different block vs the 2.8l and 3.2l available on other cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think I’ve now bought the right part. My local national motor factors seemed to bring it into stock while I was searching google. They didn’t have it the first time I looked. I think I know the Passat this forum is about. They are smart looking cars. I also liked the MK2 Passat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mistake. The MK3 Passat is my favourite. The MK2 is a bit too VW cool for my liking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts