Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
How do you know that you are running lean. I do not believe that you can do it with a vag-com. but chips and stuff will take care of it along with many of other ways. A larger MAF i would think would tend to lean it out. Good luck

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't tell you why I was running lean because my motor doesn't run anymore but what I keep hearing is that it was due to it running too lean and pre-detonating. It has a big turbo with mika chip.

· the deal finder!
14,773 Posts
The other thing I've heard is to get a larger diameter MAF :confused:
Getting a larger diameter MAF will cause it to run leaner!!!

I was running stock software (stock boost too)with a bt upgrade, and the 3" maf:

and with the stock maf:

bottom line though, the maf needs to be what's called out in the software. if you want to run a little richer, then get a slightly smaller ID MAF.

· the deal finder!
14,773 Posts
I can't tell you why I was running lean because my motor doesn't run anymore but what I keep hearing is that it was due to it running too lean and pre-detonating. It has a big turbo with mika chip.
i'd strongly suggest using GIAC...i've herad of others having issues with the mika chip.

also, make sure to take data logs after getting the chip. my tuner actually took logs, and gave them to me.

· Registered
11,610 Posts
i'd strongly suggest using GIAC...i've herad of others having issues with the mika chip.

also, make sure to take data logs after getting the chip. my tuner actually took logs, and gave them to me.
Giac has no Bt software, best he could do with Giac is Ko4 Pc16 and some tinkering I believe, or he could contact someone like Ctapp or Revo or Unitronics.

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in the middle of getting a new motor and I'm thinking about call Jeff Moss to see if can hook me up with a setup from giac. Once I have the motor in I can pull some logs and post them up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.