1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
??? What you talking bout Willis :???:

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
If you broke the plasit clip in the regulator (and it sounds like you did) you need to replace the ENTIRE regulator assembly and it's $138 list. I learned that one the hard way.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know that the window part isnt broken cuz i can hear it goin up and down plus i know it goes up and down cuz i can push the window down and press the button and it will go up

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Well the only thing that hold the window in the door are the two clamps that are attached to those plastic clips which are part of the regulator. Basically, with a Mk4, B5 or B5.5, if the window doesn't work, you need a new regulator.

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
That's assuming the fallen pin is the problem. It would suck to get the door apart to find out it IS the regulator. I'd rather be prepared for an expensive bill and find it's cheaper than the other way around. No to mention, if you take the door apart like in the link you posted you could very well break the plastic pieces on the regulator clamps. I know, that's EXACTLY how I broke mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
quality_sound
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing