Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
O.K. sorry to correct you Amokwa (I would like also that much) +18 is my chip from Digi-Tec. Pulley is healthy 10-12HP.
Now, back to the topic
You have 2 choices with or without Supercharger.
For now I am without SC
I will post next week dyno results. But for now, my subjective feeling is that my car now have +/- 230-235 on "flywheel". Why I think this? On distance of 250 m competing with same car like mine(Wagon V6,4Mo,Tip) almost stock (car have only Supersprint mufflers and resonator) and second car Passat Sedan V6,Tip,4Mo with Sebring mufflers and Koni&HR suspension. I was first, second -behind for 2 lenghts was Sedan, third for 3-3.5 lenghts was other Wagon. We were repeating this 3 times on empty street. Those guys are friends of mine, so we knew what we have.

·
0 Posts
Shouldn't your questions be how much money do you want to spend, im thinking for the right doe 400hp is obtainable!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
20vvillian said:
Shouldn't your questions be how much money do you want to spend, im thinking for the right doe 400hp is obtainable!
You're on the right track, but it's actually a 2-part question: "How much money do you want to spend and how long do you want the engine to last?" If your answers are "lots, and not long" then 400hp barely scratches the surface. After all, the 1980s F1 turbo cars were making close to 1500hp in qualifying trim from just 1.5 liters, so I'm sure we could get to that with our V6s...for perhaps $10k/minute of engine life! szopen, you really to frame that question with some context. But assuming you're talking about streetable, durable power that doesn't cost more than the car did, then by far your biggest bang for the buck is a supercharger. PES has the kit that has found favor, and it's a very, very complete kit using known-quantity parts and not overreaching on power. Apparently you can count on 270hp at the wheels for, what $4k? Other bolt-ons will provide very minimal gains and cost more per hp gained.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts