Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What you guys think how much can I get if I was to sell my Vw?

2003 Passat GLS 1.8T 5spd with about 51K.
Exterior does not have a single scratch, still looks like brand new.
Interior few updates dvd/mp3/navi alpine all around componets speakers, alpine sub custom made molded box, 2 kenwood amps one for inside speakers one for sub. HID 8000K, stock alimunum 15" wheels with all season tires, summer wheels are Audi 17" 5spoke with Bridgton Potenza tires, chrome mirrors, door handles, new front grill without VW emblem. Still has power train warranty. No major problems at all. Ever since I got it I only put Premium Gas, changed oil every 5K with full syntethic and always at VW dealers.

I am thinking about selling it and getting the new passat. What should I list it at and what do you guys think is the best place to list it.

Thank you.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Check all the usual online sources first. Kelly blue book, Edmunds, eBay, and Autotrader. Also pay attention to cars being sold in your area as prices can vary in different parts of the country.

In my experience you will get very little money back from you mods. The key is consistent, verifiable maintenance, and a clean looking car.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
2x on the mods - most people will look at the model, year, condition and mileage.
"All regularly scheduled service performed by dealer" is a good selling point.

·
Banned
401 Posts
What you guys think how much can I get if I was to sell my Vw?

2003 Passat GLS 1.8T 5spd with about 51K.
Exterior does not have a single scratch, still looks like brand new.
Interior few updates dvd/mp3/navi alpine all around componets speakers, alpine sub custom made molded box, 2 kenwood amps one for inside speakers one for sub. HID 8000K, stock alimunum 15" wheels with all season tires, summer wheels are Audi 17" 5spoke with Bridgton Potenza tires, chrome mirrors, door handles, new front grill without VW emblem. Still has power train warranty. No major problems at all. Ever since I got it I only put Premium Gas, changed oil every 5K with full syntethic and always at VW dealers.

I am thinking about selling it and getting the new passat. What should I list it at and what do you guys think is the best place to list it.

Thank you.
You can go anywhere from $15,000 to $ 17,000 at most, thats what dealers offer, some can go even higher, FOr a good 15,500 or 16,000 you can sell it no problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts