Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

like the title says.

anyone know how many w8 's were actually produced & sold ?

all the info i've seen says they set a target limit of 5000 per year for the 3 years of production.

i don't kmow IF they made that target or not and wonder just how many they did produce.

thanks,

bob

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,755 Posts
If my calculations are correct, 1376 total, 1227 for the US and 149 for Canada. I believe that 5k figure was worldwide.

·
he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
3,779 Posts
Damn, and there were two of them on the lot when I bought my V6, and I have seen probably 4-5 on the road this month. I guess they all sold in Cali. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey 'vagguy',

boy, that seems like an awfully low number for 3 years of production.

what sources are you using for your calculations ?

did they sell that much better worldwide than in the states ?

i do know when i went for my cabin filter recall the service writer said mine was the first he had seen in about 4/5 years.

amazing, -- simply amazing !

thanks,
bob

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,755 Posts
Traubenburg sent me a file of NA production numbers a while back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey 'vagguy',

i would have guessed at maybe 10/12000 total.

no idea it would be that low.

thanks for your input, :thumbup:

bob

·
he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
3,779 Posts
^sure does. The two W8s at Steven's Creek, a sedan and a variant, were both metallic blue, and both were priced at $18k. I checked out the sedan which I think only had around 40-50k and it looked pretty sweet, but when I started it the engine sounded horrible and didn't want to idle at first. I didn't even want to bother with the variant, as I was instantly reminded by the sedan's problems that should anything happen, likely can't afford to fix it in a hurry. That and economy reasons made me spring for the green V6 variant. I wasn't too keen on the metallic blue anyways.

Got the 01.5 Variant for $11k with a powertrain warranty.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts