Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles do you have and how has your B7 been holding up throughout the years? Any major repairs?

I have 48,000 miles so far. Absolutely zero problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How many miles do you have and how has your B7 been holding up throughout the years? Any major repairs?

I have 56,000 miles on my 2013 Passat SE V6 with no major issues so far. I had a wheel speed sensor go bad. Bulb replacement in the headlights is a bear. I am tempted to remove the headlight assemblies from the car to change bulbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts

2013 2.5 auto. Just under 50,000. Love it.
Problems include a rear brake issue with pads not wearing
correctly. Lots of deep grooves. Dealer kept telling me it was
normal until 7 days after the CPO warranty expired. Then all of
a sudden there was a problem. Had a big fight with them over it.
Compromise solution - I paid parts, they paid labor. Don't use or
recommend that dealer anymore.

Second problem was the driver's side door latch failed. A little
research shows this to be a VERY common problem across the line.
Same part fits many many VW's.
Other than that, very happy with the car. Dream road car.

·
Registered
3 Posts

2015 SEL V6 with 65,000 miles. I change my own oil, when prompted (Castrol full synthetic). I've changed the brake pads last summer. Will change my rotors, oil, and fuel filter next week. No problems at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
2015 SEL V6 with 65,000 miles. I change my own oil, when prompted (Castrol full synthetic). I've changed the brake pads last summer. Will change my rotors, oil, and fuel filter next week. No problems at all.
Nice. It seems that B7 passats are fairly reliable.

You should of changed the rotors along with the pads. I think the pads break in with the grooves on the old rotor and might not sit flush on the new rotor and cause problems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
2013 2.5 auto. Just under 50,000. Love it.
Problems include a rear brake issue with pads not wearing
correctly. Lots of deep grooves. Dealer kept telling me it was
normal until 7 days after the CPO warranty expired. Then all of
a sudden there was a problem. Had a big fight with them over it.
Compromise solution - I paid parts, they paid labor. Don't use or
recommend that dealer anymore.
So they just replaced the pads and rotors? If its a design flaw then the new pads will wear unevenly as well.

I had the same problem on a Honda i used to own. Pads wore too quickly. I think it was a design flaw and the pads were too small for the amount of work they had to do. Replaced those pads at least a dozen times.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2015 TSI-SE. 136100. I've noticed the acceleration when in D can be bumpy, when I change to S the car shifts smoothly. Purchased at 115K, was a lease and all svc done at dealership. I'm going to review maintenance records and have trans fluid checked and likely changed.

Car does seem to burn a lot of oil, I've read this issue in a few places. My previous car was also a 2015, but that was the SEL Premium 3.6 v6, gorgeous vehicle that went 210K and never any issues up until when it got totalled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had 78,000 on my 2014 TDI SEL Premium and no problems except for two heater cores (both under warranty and the 2nd one was due to the dealer tech not following the TSB procedure the first time). My '14 was rear-ended a couple weeks ago, and deemed a total loss by the insurance. They paid me about $3k more than what I initially paid for the car as a CPO two years and 50,000 miles ago. I just replaced it two days ago with a new Passat Limited.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts