Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I removed the rear, bottom spring hats for the KW coilovers, and I got dropped another .5 inch. So, I would like others to post measurements, and engine, transmission, 4WD/2WD so we can compare suspension components. For measureing, measure from the center of your wheel to the center, top portion of your wheel opening.

Engine: 1.8T
Transmission: 5 Spd M
4WD/2WD: 2WD
Suspension: KW V1's

Front Measurement: 12.50"
Rear Measurement: 12.75"

TIA,
Steve

Front

Rear

Belly Pan

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Im still riding at Toureg hieights for now.
ditto, untill summer gets here anyways :wink:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow your belly pan is scary low. Coming from the MK4 side of the house, I have seen the excellen DieselGeek skidpates, does anyone make one for the B5?

·
Registered
854 Posts
So you removed that rubber disc insulation from the adjustable seat... very nice drop... which way is your adjustable facing , is underneath the spring or on top...

nice work buddy

John

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'll have to take some photos for you. I'm running V2s with the rear adjuster on the top and the rubber disc removed on top as well. I think it's a 1.5 finger gap in front with 1 finger in back. The rear springs seem to have settled a little bit.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I was at a fist... after suspension i was at one and a half fingers. Now becuase the springs settled, I am at not even a finger now :nervous:
I am running the FK cup kit and there is no way to adjust the hieght, unless i put a spacer.. but i love the slammed look, so forget that.
I am getting about a 4.5 inch clearance.

merk20vt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
aldolicious77
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing