Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching around and it seems most tuners are slow to bring mods for the 3.6L motor. The last V6 was kinda a flop since it only was a 30hp improvement over the 1.8T so no body really modded those motors, but I see alot more 3.6L (V6) guys now since its now 280hp. So where are the tuners???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

I'd like to add to this question. I'm interested in a wagon. It's disappointing the wagons and VR6's are only available with an automatic transmission. Anything I buy will eventually put out significantly more power once I've run-in the engine and done some research (I'd LOVE to see an EIP turbo kit on one of these things!). This could compel me to buy a 4-Motion... again... only available with AT. :(

One tidbit of information that would help me make a decision: How much power can the TIP handle?

Thanks,

Scott

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
imo, there won't be much for the 3.6. most people who mod are buying the 2.0t. also, there isn't any identical engine out there, like there was for the 2.8, where the a4 and a6 had the same engine as the passat.

if you're lucky, you'll see a SC for the 3.6 as a big performance mod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts