Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
I don't think you can. My wife's '04 NB has that annoyance. I used the Shade Tree VAG Software and was only able to disable to the seatbelt icon, not the chime.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Elee said:
HOW DO YOU SILENCE SEAT BELT RINGING ALARM!!! on B5.5
anyone know???????
Funny, I was in my dealer and someone came in asking this very question and told the dealer they didn't believe them. They said that they are sitting int he driveway or something talking with someone and want to take their seatbelt off.

Basically, the federal goverment has new seatbelt laws. Many car companies are putting reminder alarms in place to make sure that they are not responsible for anything.

They had a black 1.8T too. Been in Miller VW in the last few months?

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
I just turned off the Ford 'Belt-minder' in a co-workers Exploder... in the fords it goes off for 5 seconds, every minute r two... FOR THE ENTIRE TRIP!!! Talk about annoying :mad:

Haven't ever seen a procedure for the VW's though.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
pass-variant that is important. I can understand when moving cars around and not buckling up, but going for "the entire trip" (indicating a location) that is pretty dangerous. Feel thankful.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for th info, SORRY FOR THE CAPS, i just totaled a 2004 maxima, and i wasnt wearing a seatbelt. now i own a b5.5... i still have back pains and they just took the staples out of my head, so i learned my lesson... i was just wondering, if there was a way, thats all. sorry.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I didn't know there's a fasten seat belt warning chime!

I don't use my seat belt as much as I should, but my B5.5 doesn't make a peep about it. The seatbelt light goes on only a few minutes after you start the car, but that's it.

The only safety feature I had disabled are the automatic door lock feature, maybe that has something to do with it.
Interesting... :suspicio:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Only way to dissable it is to vag the car to a different spec, like UK, Germany, or others. I've done it, but them my MPG computer changes to those countries specs. So it goes to 1/100 Kilometers for average mileage. Then I thought I'd outsmart it and switch it to UK specs seeing as they use miles per gallon. But my dumbness came out when I realized that the brits use the imperrial gallon which is smaller than the US gallon. So back to US spec for me and the annoying chime.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It does go off, after a few miles. And the light goes out in the dash at that time..
At least it doesn't ding continuously, like some vehicles.
I'm glad we don't have the back-up dingy alarm :p

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
TYPING IN CAPS to me is like keyboard "rice". You could probably jump the wire and close the circuit tricking the car into thinking the belts buckled?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Man, someone needs to figure this out. This is one of the biggest complaints I have about the car. I wear my seatbelt at ALL times when I'm driving, no matter how far I'm going or how fast I'm getting there. BUT, if I'm sitting in the driveway waiting for the misses to get ready listening to some music or talking on the cell phone I'd like not to have to make sure my seatbelt is buckled. Very, very annoying.

Abe

·
Registered
20 Posts
abegetchell said:
Man, someone needs to figure this out. This is one of the biggest complaints I have about the car. I wear my seatbelt at ALL times when I'm driving, no matter how far I'm going or how fast I'm getting there. BUT, if I'm sitting in the driveway waiting for the misses to get ready listening to some music or talking on the cell phone I'd like not to have to make sure my seatbelt is buckled. Very, very annoying.

Abe
agreed. this is a superfluous mod i'd pay good money for.

·
Registered
104 Posts
abegetchell said:

Abe
car doesn't need to be on in order to listen to the radio or talk on your cell phone

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
My model year doesn't have this chime (I guess it's an '04 thing). But I gotta say, when I'm in the car, the seatbelt is on. Even if I'm just waiting for my wife while shopping or whatever, even in my own driveway. I dunno, I guess I'm just a creature of habit. I get in and the belt goes on - always.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
31 Participants
1.8Tabamoura
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing