Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 03 Passat Wagon 1.8t with Tip over the weekend. I happened to find this at a Toyota Dealer used car lot while I was having my other car serviced.
After doing some research here in the Forums and hearing a tell tale sound from the passenger side wheel well at highway speeds, I looked under the car and the Belly Pan is missing. How do I secure the wheel well liners until I can get the Belly Pan replaced?
If anyone has underside pics of the Belly Pan installed please post. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
get a new belly pan :thumbup:

·
Registered
750 Posts
99blackmagic said:
get a new belly pan :thumbup:
He's not kidding. As far as I know no one here has found a good way to secure them other than to the belly pan. Run some searches here to find the cheapest place to get a new belly pan. If you figure out a better way to do it let us know!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Firstly, Wilkommen to der Klub :thumbup:

Get a new belly pan - its the best thing in the long run. Liberty VW (847-680 8000, ask for VW parts) is a good place to start.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely plan on getting the Belly Pan replaced. I was hoping for some insight into temporarily rigging the Wheel Well Liners so that they do not rub, until I can get the parts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try zip-ties and bubble-gum. Now, go order the part! :wink:

·
Registered
149 Posts
i am in the same situation and while waiting to receive the belly pan i have used (2) zip ties on each side... i will upload a picture as soon as i can.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yup!! Zip-ties are the greatest invention next to duct tape!! I did the same thing......that is after the Quick lube put my belly pan on wrong and it came off going down the interstate............TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats why I just said Screw it and I'll do my oil myself! Mine is ziptied to things other than hoses. I didn't want to chaff or damage any of the coolant lines. Nobody knows the differents unless they are under my car, and if they are under my car, they have more important things to worry about that a belly pan!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts