Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know you have all heard of it or experienced it. i know i get it all the time and it bugs the hell out of me. well now i want to know how you guys handle the issue when someone calls your beloved :b5: a daggum jetta. granted the jetta is a nice car and more widely popular among tuners, but it's still annoying. i just wanted to hear some of the ways you guys respond to this insulting bit of ignorance. L8R

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
well i laugh caus they called my GTI a jetta forever, every vw is a jetta to most iddiots :weirdo:

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
2.0GTI said:
well i laugh caus they called my GTI a jetta forever, every vw is a jetta to most iddiots :weirdo:
very true...a girl argued with me for 10 minutes over it and we were standing right in front of my car....i told her to go look at the trunk...

now its debadged...guess i'll have to tell them to look up the VIN :D

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
I got "nice BMW" today... I just tipped my head and looked over my glasses at him...

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I'm with peppy. A quick Karate chop to the Adam's apple and no more calling my car a Jetta...

The inspection station guy called my car an Audi, and I did get "Nice Touareg" before I got lowered and was running 18" wheels. Other then that, people usually ask what kind of car it is.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Many Americans in general have something against Volkswagen especially those in the Southern states or rural areas. Maybe they still thinks the vdub is run by the Nazi.

These are the famous quote:
"Drivers wanted" = a car that no driver wants to drive, and wanna to get one.
"People's car" = evreyone can own means cheap.

They just need to change their advertising strategies!

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I get the : "What kind of car is it?"

or : "Is it a Jetta"? :mad: (i don't even respond to that one anymore)

or: "wow, VW sure came a long way" (i kind of like that one)

and finally: after someone argued with me a while back, ok, you're right, it is much more roomier then the jettas are :lol: . :thumbup: .

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
just brush the dirt off your shoulders and play it off :wink: remember the other times when someone asks if it is an audi or bmw, It has happened to me almost as much as the jetta shit. but after I lost all the badges of course :p

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I was in a pizza shop, and i saw two guys looking at my car, as they were walking in, they used these exact words, "nahh man, it's not an S4 becuase it doesn't have the wheels" "So what are you sayin, it's the A4?". I smiled, the pizza guy knows i'm german and as a joke always says "Auf Wiedersehen" and i simple reply "danke".
As i would walk to my car, i see those two staring as i get in, and when i pull off i'm sure they see the VW badge on the back...
It's best to play it cool in my books, i hate embarrasing strangers.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Them in BMW: "Nice Jetta"

Me: "Thanks, nice Passat -- Oops sorry about that" :wink:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I correct them. One of my friends can't get used to it, and I'm ready to punch him.

"How's the Jetta doing?"
"I don't know, I HAVE A PASSAT dumbass."

·
Registered
897 Posts
after i put my bonrath grill on and pulled all the embelums of people keep calling it a audi so i just tell them the real deal and set them straight. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
31 Participants
1.8Tabamoura
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing