Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know creative ways of justifying mods to your wife or girlfriend. Don't make fun of me, cause I know a lot of you are in the same boat. I tried the "safety issue", but that didn't fly to well....

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,673 Posts
Barnacle-Billy said:
I want to know creative ways of justifying mods to your wife or girlfriend. Don't make fun of me, cause I know a lot of you are in the same boat. I tried the "safety issue", but that didn't fly to well....
Have the parts delivered to your place of work. Tell her you will spend an equivalent amount of $ on her. Only do mods that are hidden to the average eye.

Admit that you are crazy about your car and one could have worse hobbies. :lol:

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
There are several ways.

The mpg argument on a chip is very real, especially with gas at $2/gallon. Add 3 mpg and you'll pay off a $500 GIAC chip in 3 1/2 years if you drive 18,000 miles per year.

Try comparing the price of a 1.8T model to a 6 cyl model, new or used. That should cover the price of any chip, plus an exhaust!

Things like DV, air filter upgrade, brakes are maintenance items.

Tires/wheels are easily justified when a set wears out, or is anywhere close to wearing out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Dont tell her! :shock: :???: :nervous:
Chip = tune up
Eibach pro suspension = new shocks
HIDs = light melted the socket and the whole assessembly had to be replaced.
Brullen exhaust = muffler went.
APR stage 3 = turbo went bad.
FMIC = well, you get the idea

My wife thinks my car is a lemon. :cry: A hole in the air I throw money into. :sad: Only I know it is a beast :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rfenti said:
Chip = tune up

My wife thinks my car is a lemon. :cry: A hole in the air I throw money into. :sad: Only I know it is a beast :lol: :lol:
I love it!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I don't.

Just like she doesn't justify new home furnishings, sheets, landscaping or shoes.

When she asks, I tell her that those things mystify me as much as me changing my car mystifies her.

·
Registered
339 Posts
rfenti said:
Chip = tune up

I love it.. I have to try that on my Girlfriend..

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
i tell her...as much as she accessorizes, my car needs accessorizing as well.

HIDS = safety
suspension = smoother ride
18s = shoes, EVERY WOMAN loves shoes, i love mine.
video HU = for your entertainment on long trips
SC = umm... "it's my last mod, i promise?" :p

I've also found that involving my g/f in the decision process, choosing colors, styles, etc. usually eases things.

·
0 Posts
My wife buys a quaif worth of jewelry and a fmic worth of vicky secrets every month! I just tell her my boxers are made by garret! :lol:

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am trying to justify hids right now.....

We drove past a beamer with nice hids last night, and I said, "honey, look how well that car's headlights show the road." Her response was, "I don't want those &*^% blue things that blind people." :cry: I like the idea of melting the stock headlight assembly. :evil:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
47 Participants
Curry
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing