Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

How do you guys afford VCDS?!

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  icer22x 
#1 ·
I am wanting to see if I can get a reading from my ABS module (getting the ABS light, brake light and ASL light with three beeps randomly every day) to see if it is faulty.

The crappy scanners at AutoZone can't read the ABS, so I was looking at VAG-COM. $600 on Ross Tech?!

Are there any affordable brands that accomplish the same task that you guys have experience with? Thanks.

#5 ·
Make friends. I got mine I guess for generosity and willingness to help a fellow passater. In the process I made a good friend. I'll quit right there.

#8 ·
Assuming its a B5/b5.5 then Yes, VCDS-Lite is compatible. The licensed version ($99.00) will allow you to retrieve and clear fault codes, perform basic settings and much more.

We have had many emails/calls regarding VCDS and VCDS-Lite not connecting to the abs modules in Passats and Audi A4s. Most of the time it is caused by a faulty module. With VCDS and VCDS-Lite you can replace it and code the module to your vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.