Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do one of several things.

1. I keep one of the 2 nozels on the passenger side windshield washer aimed so it goes over the car. I jsut hit the spraysers and it covers their car with fluid.

2. If I have the sunroof open, I will flick pennies out the sunroof. It hits them square in the windshield.

3. Tap on the brakes, if that doesn't get their attention, I STAND on the brakes.

All of the above are very effective measures in order from least extreme to most extreme... Now let me say one thing. I am not implying that I am a left lane hog and won't move. If you approach me from behind in a courteous manner...I will move over even if I am already doing well above the speed limit. Now, drive like and idiot swerving from lane to lane then roar up behind me and tailgate me? You'll get one of the above...

So, how do you deal with tailgaters?

·
Registered
242 Posts
duandcc said:
2. If I have the sunroof open, I will flick pennies out the sunroon. It hits them square in the windshield.

HA! I just switch lanes :crazy:

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
2. If I have the sunroof open, I will flick pennies out the sunroon. It hits them square in the windshield.
That was my solution on my bike... except quarters. Just flick them over your shoulder... they never had a clue where it came from or what it was... but DAMN it was loud!

I find flashing the rear fog works well at night.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Pull over, and tailgate them back. :wink:

Or, left foot brake...so they have no clue when you're actually gonna slow down for the invisible squirrels that cross the street. :lol:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I use the wiper nozzles too :lol:. It is getting kinda expensive though, as I use the expensive washer fluid, and I am replacing it at least once a month. Penny's out the sunroof would be interesting, though I would be afraid of a lawsuit if I broke their windshield. Sometimes if they are pissing me off enough I will just gradually slow down to about 50 :p

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
passaturbonium said:
Rian_Colorado said:
VWGUY4EVER said:
Fourth gear.... :D
Damnit, you beat me to it. Except mine was:
I don't have that problem. 2.7t :lol:
Rian
I doubt Ronnie gets tailgated anyways... :wink:
I got tail-gated once...... ONCE !!!! :lol:

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Very rarely is there a driver that goes fast enough to tailgate me, but if I'm in traffic and it happens, I just go really slow. (Like 20 in a 50 slow) Then when they try to pass me in the other lane, I speed up and block them from getting in front of me. Then when they get mad I look over and laugh at them right to their face. :lol:

BTW, you guys have some asshole drivers back here in Jersey! :mad: No wonder your insurance is twice as high! :weirdo: I pray for the day I'm driving in California again.

-Harry

·
Registered
936 Posts
if all the usual things dont work and im really mad that day, i go in a straight line, and pull the e-brake.....and floor the gas at the same time.....SMOKE swallows the offending car, blinding them, forcing them to stomp on the brakes....or other stupid things

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
SLAB said:
if all the usual things dont work and im really mad that day, i go in a straight line, and pull the e-brake.....and floor the gas at the same time.....SMOKE swallows the offending car, blinding them, forcing them to stomp on the brakes....or other stupid things
Yikes... I feel sorry for your rear brakes :crazy:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
How about them crazy jug-handle turns you've got in New Jersey :weirdo:

According to driver's ed books, they say you should switch lanes (if you're in the left lane), move to the right of the lane so the person can kinda see around you, and increase following distance so you don't have to slam on the brakes and get rear ended.

Sounds like everyone does the opposite :lol: And doing a rolling burnout in front of a tailgater? That's crazy!

·
Registered
311 Posts
duandcc said:
I do one of several things.

1. I keep one of the 2 nozels on the passenger side windshield washer aimed so it goes over the car. I jsut hit the spraysers and it covers their car with fluid.

3. Tap on the brakes, if that doesn't get their attention, I STAND on the brakes.

All of the above are very effective measures in order from least extreme to most extreme... Now let me say one thing. I am not implying that I am a left lane hog and won't move. If you approach me from behind in a courteous manner...I will move over even if I am already doing well above the speed limit. Now, drive like and idiot swerving from lane to lane then roar up behind me and tailgate me? You'll get one of the above...

The last 2 measures may lead to further altercation... Especially in Brooklyn. Beware...

1 - 20 of 141 Posts