Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so the rear pads on our car finally gave out. So I ended up replaceing the rear pads and all for rotors (thanks SKlass :thumbup: ). Now the problem is the brake pedal is lower than it was before. Also when first getting in the car and backing out of the drive way when you hit the brakes they are like a brick but you still inch backwards but if you pump them once then they work fine. I have bleed the brakes (actually flushed the fluid) and that didn't help. So what I am thining is the rear calipers are out of adjustment. So how do I adjust them. I have tried the stomp on the pedal a hundred time, stomp on the pedal while pulling up on the e-brake handle, and even backing up and hitting the brakes (I know this one is for drum brake but Iam at my witts end). Help me our here guys, how do I get that pedal back up where it used to be?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sorry man the rear brakes are self adjusting (no adjustment). Did you bleed the lines properly? Sounds like you might have some air in the line or something. I have read alot of brake questions and yours sounds like something didn;t go back together right or air in the lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.