Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i take those orange and red reflectors on the sides of the bumpers on b5.5?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
AFAIK... you push it in on one side and it slides out? I havent tried but if anybody can come up with a clear lens for this, it will be another must thing to buy.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
I know on Passat 3B, they say the MkIV lights work on our cars.
And they have a place where you can get clear ones. Anyone know if the Jetta/Golf reflectors are identical?

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Those don't fit. A couple of 5.5'ers have tried to no avail.

Those clear markers are like fucking unicorns...if only someone could manufacture them.

I've tried pushing them down and sliding, but it doesn't seem to come out...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
julianfang said:
Those don't fit. A couple of 5.5'ers have tried to no avail.

Those clear markers are like fucking unicorns...if only someone could manufacture them.

I've tried pushing them down and sliding, but it doesn't seem to come out...
same here i tryed pushing and slididng but it doesnt work. Does anyone have any ideas how it should come out?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It's quite simple to pull those out.

You guys got it half way right.

First, you push spring loaded end in enough to clear inner bumper trim, then slide into that same direct so the one end of the reflector would go into the bumper and this will let the other end pop out. Now you can remove the whole reflector.

Clear bumper reflectors would be nice, if someone can custom cut them.

check this online store, they might carry something for our car in the future:
http://www.procarparts.com/store/displayproduct.cfm?pmaker=Volkswagen&pmodel=VW PASSAT

·
Registered
642 Posts
PASSAT2001.5 said:
First, you push spring loaded end in enough to clear inner bumper trim, then slide into that same direct so the one end of the reflector would go into the bumper and this will let the other end pop out. Now you can remove the whole reflector.
Which end is spring loaded? Towards the front or rear? Is it the same for the rear reflectors as the fronts?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
if I remember correctly, the right side is spring loaded. (Push to check).
The rear ones are mounted the same way, but not sure about the orientation.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got them out but the glass is glued to the plastic that holds a light bulb. does anyone know how to get it off or anyone that tinted theirs how did you do it???

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts