Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install some bass transducers. I did this in my brother-in-laws Prelude. Piece of cake removing the seat.

I can't find all the bolts for the front seats on my B5. It should be easy to remove, but I think I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
There are two T45 bolts under the center of the front seats. Just remove the two bolts and you can tilt the seat back to unplug the airbags and heat. Don't forget to remove the covers over the rails behind the seats first. They are just held in by one screw. I find it easiest to remove the seats through the back doors.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the seats out. Thanks for the tips. Interesting that the seat is only held in place by two torx screws. Piece of cake to remove.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
mghunt said:
Got the seats out. Thanks for the tips. Interesting that the seat is only held in place by two torx screws. Piece of cake to remove.

Thanks
I removed my seats last year to clean up after leaving the windows open in a rain storm and had to reset the airbag warning light. It's been a while but wasn't there some warnings about using a Vag-Com to query the airbag module?
I want to remove them again to shampoo the carpet but don't want to risk damaging the airbag module or having the seat bag go off.
Would disconnecting the battery stop the airbag system from sensing the seat removal? And isn't there a plug or something to plug into the connector on the seat to keep the bag from going off? I would bet it's to stop static from setting it off.

Thanks,
davidk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.