Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed the faces on my instrument cluster, after installation I took the car for a drive to compare speedo readout with climatronic code 16 digital speed. I seem to be out by quite a bit. When I'm doing 60km/h on the dial climatronic is showing 43km/h.

I did run instrument cluster test to check that everything was working after the mod and notice that during this test process each dial would wind up to full range then go back to 0 then shoot up to a predetermined point in the case of the speedometer it would rest at just under 120km/h. I thought this may have something to do with calibration but am unsure.

Can someone please help?

·
Registered
526 Posts
LOL.....well this happened when I changed the guage faces on my other car, basically had to pace my buddy in his car and push on the needle while driving down the road at the set speed (30 mph) its tricky but it worked for me. You could also drive by one of those roadside radar deals setup by the police to check. Had to do the tach, temp, and gas guage as well......just figure, the car idles at x1000, let the motor warm up a while, it'll be half way on the temp guage, and top off the gas and position the needle to Full 8) hope this helps

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
scfb518t said:
just figure, the car idles at x1000
Mine doesn't, it idles at 760. Cold-start idle is ~1200. ;) Might be worth hooking up a VAG-COM and let it tell you what its readings are. Then you'd be able to just try to match those on the needles. Hopefully in an open, deserted area. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts