Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found many threads on pushing in on the switch and turning it to the right, but this does nothing to release the stock switch in my car. Does anyone know how to remove the stock headlight switch in a B5.5 Passat?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to disable the DRLs using the Vag-com?

Thanks for the help!
John

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
it should be the same, push in, and turn right about a 1/10 of the a turn and it should pop out at you, may need to wiggle a littke to get it out

DRLS, just pop out 173

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
it took me a sec the first time, i looked at the new one and figured it out while it was out of the dash... i just went and tried it, i even grabbed my camera to shoot some helpful shots for you... but it was so simple i didn't even think a picture would help. you might have to wiggle it... i pushed mine in firmly, turned it a click to the right (lights came on, switch stayed pushed in) and pulled the whole thing straight out, nothing to it.

come to the drive on the 14th and we'll get it all taken care of for you. :)

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222534

a.s.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
By just popping out 173 he's referring to the relay. Remove Relay 173 to disable DRLs on a B5.5 -- I don't think you can do it via Vag-Com.

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
it is really as easy as stated above, there is no trick to it.
straight foward.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,293 Posts
some stock switches are in there a little tighter than others. Once you push in the switch and turn to the right, you should be able to wigle it out. You know you did it correctly if the dash backlighting comes on and the the switch stays pushed in. Then just wiggle and pull.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts