Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car chipped(WETT).I cannot get the power down in first gear at all,it just spins up every time,any road condition.If I put the power down in second gear, it will only grip if it is dry and I keep the steering wheel straight.I have 17 x 8 inch alloys with cheap rubber,no suspension mods.If I lowered the car and got stickier rubber would it be possible to get the power down in first and second gear?I love this chip, but feel I am losing out by only being able to use it in the higher gears!Please help with your advise.Cheers!

·
Registered
26,008 Posts
Better tires will help. Suspension will keep it better controlled,but will not really
give you better traction. It will just seem that way. You need to learn to modulate
the throttle better.
PZ.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i thought that a stiffer suspension will give you better traction because it keeps the wheels planted instead of letting the weight of the car shift to the rear. but yeah, good rubber will help so much

·
Registered
761 Posts
Jimbob1975 said:
with cheap rubber,no suspension mods.

theres teh problem.

before you get rubber try lowering the air pressure on your front tires. and raising it a few lbs on the back. might help hold you over till you get some new stickier tires. suspension shouldnt be a huge deal but it cant hurt, but only after the tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Scuba2001
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing