Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my work laptop. I usually work with a seperate keyboard. But I had to bring the laptop home this w/e & didnt have the seperate keyboard with me. For some reason the function key was enabled. It was a real PITA to have to keep the Fn key pushed in order to type a regular letter.

Help.

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
I didn't know they COULD be disabled. :???:

Usually the Fn key is only used in conjuction with one of the "F" (ie F3) keys. That's how it's been on all my laptops anyway. But then again, I'm no expert; just a laptop veteran. 8)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
SDPassatT said:
I didn't know they COULD be disabled. :???:

Usually the Fn key is only used in conjuction with one of the "F" (ie F3) keys. That's how it's been on all my laptops anyway. But then again, I'm no expert; just a laptop veteran. 8)
Yeah, on mine, it's just for some "extra" functions and the numpad functionality. I almost never push the thing, never need it....

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
is it a IBM, thats what i use and i had the same prob, i could not figure it out and just drove back to the college to0 un "FN" it.

sorry i was of no use............hell why the "FN" did i reply :suspicio:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Darold2002
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing