Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the second owner of 99 VW B5 which has 70K on it, I have bought this car a several months ago on the dealers auction, that was a livery car. Car was in a good shape and was running good until recently i start having some problems with the engine, it's consuming a lot of oil and few other things with the engine, anyway i would like to have it checked by the stealership and eventually fixed since engine and transmission are under 100K powertrain warranty. I don't think i have any record of car having taking care by the dealership so i'm not sure if the idea will even work. I'm in NYC and was thinking about getting car to koeppel VW on Northern Blvd. Queens. Especially guys from NY is it worth it or i should start looking for a private shop? I have had ICM replaced a few months ago by independant auto shop, new NGK spark plugs put in, K&N air filter, another turbo put in since the original one got bad. I'll be very thankfull for the info
I have no idea how all this work, that's why i need advice

·
Registered
295 Posts
Like he said ^. The original owner had a 10 year 100,000 powertrain warranty but the second owner, who is not a son, daughter or spouse, gets the original warranty chopped in half, 5 year 50,000. Sorry, go find a good german shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.