Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ain't doing too good, lately i've been pretty depressed. Saturday I had to escape through the back door of a bar becuase these russians wanted to kill me and my friend (i told them off after they almost hit my friend in the parking lot)... Today I had a ugly break up with my girl friend. :(

I need to go for a long drive...
-merk20vt-

how r u doing lately?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I'm sad to hear you have had some rough days. It should get better.

I'm well. In good spirits, although a pending interstate move is stressing me out, and my, as yet, lack of a job at the end of the move is stressing me out more. Otherwise, I'm in tip top shape, synapses firing on overload, being inspired more and more to do more and more and loving my wife more by the minute.

Cooking a venison - pork - beef meatloaf with onion gravy now... good food soothes the stress tremendously. :)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Im not doin too bad..

I almost set the fire alarm off at my school today. I decided i wanted to see how the big pastic cover worked that covered the fire alarm, not knowing that it was also alarmed, i opened it causing mass histeria and a very loud annoying buzzing. In my haste to make it stop i couldn't get the cover on right, so after about 40 kdis or so saw me i decided it was no use and went to the principles office to tell her what happened. when i got back they fixed it and asked me to follow them. I ended up in the head of school's office, but he wasn't there, so i have to write a letter of appology and maybe get a saturday detention, basically a 3 hour long maunal labor deal. no big deal, just a pain to wake up eirly on a sat for no reason

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got back from a nice drive, the B5 cheered me up. Now i am going to eat some food (Thanx Spirare for the suggestion)
My ABD sway bar comes in tomorrow, maybe that'll cheer me up :)
-merk20vt-

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I have to say I am doing really well. New baby due soon, had my review at work today and I am getting a good raise and a good bonus. So I have a lot to be happy/thankful for right now.

Hope you are doing better soon.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
3 midterms this week, neverending hw, it's pouring outside, the street is flooded, we have no food and yet i'm still smiling! I guess i'm always smiling. i don't know how you can't smile living being in an apartment with 3 goofy girls.... I even went and took pics with the b5.5 in the rain today! I got all wet but it was a dare and i couldn't resist :lol:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
yeah you guys should check out that goof in the rain with her car :p i love those pics!

Me, I'm doing really well, not worrying about ex gf a I'm just chill. My dad got in a skiing accident in park city, ut about two days ago and is having a 6 hour surgery tomorrow for his broken pelvis. My grandmother's dog almost died. But I just found out a little while ago that
I'M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE!
my brother and his wife are now expecting, holy cow, I'm 19 and now going to be an uncle, scary, SCARY. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
Im not doin too bad..

I almost set the fire alarm off at my school today. I decided i wanted to see how the big pastic cover worked that covered the fire alarm, not knowing that it was also alarmed, i opened it causing mass histeria and a very loud annoying buzzing. In my haste to make it stop i couldn't get the cover on right, so after about 40 kdis or so saw me i decided it was no use and went to the principles office to tell her what happened. when i got back they fixed it and asked me to follow them. I ended up in the head of school's office, but he wasn't there, so i have to write a letter of appology and maybe get a saturday detention, basically a 3 hour long maunal labor deal. no big deal, just a pain to wake up eirly on a sat for no reason
Damn, I hear ya, school detentions and whatnot are a slight PITA. I did that once, but I only opened it a fraction of an inch, and heard a buzzing, and immediatly let go and it springloaded itself back into place. Scary shit.

Anyways, I'm doing fine, just spent a relaxing hour or so shoveling snow in like 40 degree weather. It was crazy, I coulda been shoveling in pants and a t-shirt. For good measure I cleaned off my dad's Infiniti J30T. It's a POS but it's gonna be my car until I can buy one myself (the B5 is for me to share with sis, but she's the one with it all the tie :sad: )

As for people having midterms, I had them a few weeks ago. I hate the stress they put on me, but I got my straight A's so I was happy :thumbup: I hope I still have my #1 class rank.......

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
AlexDrivesAPassat said:
Yup... times like these, I'm glad I have a dog.
Things are never as bad when you have a dog...
...except when your dog is crazier than you. :mad:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
2004 hasn't started well. You know how bad things happen in threes:
- car got smashed weekend after New Year's (Link)
- one of my patients doesn't make it after skiing into a tree (Link)

So I've been waiting for the last shoe to drop...finally happened this past weekend -- someone I know pretty well dies from a heart attack. (Link -- need NYTimes.com registration to view.)

Man, it hasn't been a good year... :(

Andy

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
merk20VT said:
I ain't doing too good, lately i've been pretty depressed. Saturday I had to escape through the back door of a bar becuase these russians wanted to kill me and my friend (i told them off after they almost hit my friend in the parking lot)... Today I had a ugly break up with my girl friend. :(

I need to go for a long drive...
-merk20vt-

how r u doing lately?
Hey, come on it's not that bad. First thing you should have done is beat up a couple of Russians. As a Russian myself I can attest to that being lots of fun. Second, especially since it was an ugly breakup, you will eventually realize that it wasn't meant to be and you should find someone more compatible. The sooner you realize that, the easier it's going to be. Plus, you've got a nice car and cars are much better than women anyways. Stay single for a while. You'd save a ton of dough which you can spend on your real baby.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Wow Merk, sorry to hear of the bad news.

Thngs here are going well. School is going smoothly as the 2004 spring semester is in full swing at the Automotive wing. Grades are good, and work sux. Lets say that Im the basic "do this, do it now" kinda worker biatch.

Besides that, my hands are starting to blister from excessive sanding and handling of power tools from my nightly "projects." I have no GF to worry about, so no added expenses there.

Other then that.. ITS GREAT.

Hope things turn around for us all,
Steve

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I'll find out how I'm doing after I go to the doc today and get my results....pray :nervous:. I'll let you know after that.

As for you merk20VT, sorry to hear about the craziness and the breakup. Let's hope for a better tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gietl said:
I'll find out how I'm doing after I go to the doc today and get my results....pray :nervous:. I'll let you know after that.
I hope it's nothing serious.

As for kezho, it just happend to be that these guys were Russian, nothing racial. I think the best thing to do is to just not go back to that bar, it is a rough neighbourhood. I forgot to mention what car they were driving when they almost hit my friend... you won't believe it... it was a Passat B3 VR6, with blacked out tails. The 6 guys in the car were just looking for a fight, so it was kinda obvious to me that they had weapons and friends to call (that's why I ran out the back door).

As for lately, I am just happy to be at University, the work keeps my mind off things. And as for the ugly break up... she cheated on me, and i had to find out through a friend (i gave her a chance to admit it, but she wouldn't, so once i told her i knew she obviously confessed). But that's all good, 'cuase to be honest, i lost interest in her a while ago and actually am getting to know this other girl pretty good. The weather in Toronto was pretty nice today, it was +2oC :lol: .. some snow melted and my friend installed Gen.II Eibach lowering springs in his GTP.

Hearing about deaths, i realize my problems aren't that serious, and i should be happy that my family still has their health.

-merk20vt-

·
Registered
936 Posts
im doin alright now....

had oral surgery (eye tooth needed a chain attached as it is still next to my eye) and bit my tounge the other day....

but now, im high as a kite (medication) and am happy with my E-codes, HID's, and new computer parts that came in the mail today....

and i have the week off to heal and play Command and Conquer: Generals.... :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts