Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at these wheels. I have a 2001 Passat, B5. I am goin to get 225x45x17. Just want you all opinion. which one would you choose: by the way my car is silver: Thanks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Definitely the second one.. the first looks a bit too Mercedes-ish. (And probably weighs a friggin' ton too.)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Wow, you've picked two totally different styles of rims to chose from. Hmmmm. I do like the first one because it sort of reminds me of Euro B5.5's ride.

But the Chrome would look sick :eek: I like them both to be honest with you, and if you have a silver B5.5 I would think that #1 might be a pretty cool look. Let us know what you go with and then post pics, because I would love to see that rim on a silver passat. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Well he obviously picked the first (bling) rim because he likes it... so maybe that's his thing. I mean both rims are so different than the other. I wish he had a better front shot of the rims and then a side shot of his car so I could Paint shop it and post the different looks.
I like the ADR but it seems so many B5'ers are going with that style, sometimes it pays to go your own direction. I still think that first rim could be sweet looking on a silver B5... but maybe I'm crazy. :crazy:
CMJones, Which one are you pulling towards?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your Help

Yes, you all are right, I already order no# 1, Because no# 2 were on back order, and I was kinda pressed to get these hubcaps of my car: ya know. Also that was a reason as well I know they look to blingy, I did not really have this as my first choice, but all the other styles that I have picked, were similar to no# 2, But they either did not have them or they did not fit my lug pattern. So this is what I winded up with. Also someone said no# 2, everyone is going with no#2 as well, I wanna be different. I would love to just had some Silver rims, even no# 1 in Silver. looks less Blingy. When i get the wheels next week I will post them ater I put them on and thanks for your, all you all help. PS. yes it does hide the Brakes and i do like that as well. so now I dont have to paint Calipers.:)

CMJ

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
i would love to see them on the car, even if i would of choose the #2, sorry. The only full wheels i lke on the :b5: 's are the AMG's............. :b5: :thumbup: . Good luck with it.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Like the choice. :thumbup:
I can see the look now those rims are going to look good on your sliver :b5:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
jadakis- You need to read the whole thread on this, he already bought the wheels (#1) and the pictures above are of his car. And you can't be serious about everyone having these wheels. I never seen people sporting these babies around.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts