Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting Nokian Q winter tires for my Variant. The price for tires, wheels, balancing, taxes etc is $905 ($686 US). My younger son, the one who convinced me that winter tires are a good idea, suggest that by going to 14" rims and tires, I can save at least $!00.
Any ideas/comments out there?

Phil
(Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
never mind the 14's

Today, on a snowy and hilly road in cottage country, another driver pulled out of her driveway looking south- I was 20 feed away proceeding south. So now parts of my '03 Passat are in the snowdrifts and I will be Passat-less for the next month at least (a 120mile tow to boot!). I doubt winter tires would have helped. At any rate, a I have been sufficiently admonished. :nervous:
Phil
Winterpeg

·
Registered
236 Posts
:eek:h: I hope no one was hurt and that it gets put back together again as good as new!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no injuries

No injuries in either car, nor to dogs. Interestingly it was easy to prove to the OPP that speed was not a factor as none of the 6 airbags were inflated. Seat belts do work, so does a rum & coke when I got back to Winnipeg some 4 hours later. It's only plastic and steel... but now that I am driving a rental Impala I REALLY MISS MY B5!!!
Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts