Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm just snooping around my car and I happen to see this hose just kind of sitting there like it should be hooked up to something. It appears one end is supposed to be hooked up to the airbox, and I'm thinking the other end might supposed to be hooked up to my secondary airpump? I'm thinking this hose may have been displaced during my FMIC installation as the secondary airpump is no longer in it's stock position. Wierd no check engine lights or anything though. I guess since the pump is working it's not an issue. Anybody who installed an FMIC have any issues making this connection?

The mystery pipe

where one end appears to plug in

[/b]

·
Registered
853 Posts
Yup....that's the secondary air injection air box to airpump hose all right.

See that small hole going into your air box in the second pic? You need to plug that. You are allowing unfiltered air to get into your engine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Can I disconnect my secondary air pump if I wanted to? I have an HKS SMF on my 1.8, and my secondary air pump hose just sits there open to the elements. Is there a filter or something (similar to a crankcase filter) that I can retrofit onto it?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, just plugged the hole with a water bottle cap. My secondary air pump hose is hooked up to the airpump again, but is just open to the elements. I talked with EVO and I guess the have a filter I can hook up to the airpump hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts