Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nude said:
I've got a red that I could consider an even swap with ya but do me a favor and do this test on yours and tell me what goes off.. Power on the radar X50 and honk your horn once or twice and see if anything goes off. Report back your findings and we'll proceed, laddie. How do you propose we handle the swap?
Jettix2 said:
Mine goes off full-scale LASER!! (X50 Red).

Happens often when I honk the horn and every-so-often I can hear it go off when I arm my OEM alarm/lock the car.

Ben
Original thread

Anyone know why this happens? Mine (x50 blue) went off Laser after 2 honks of the horn today. It had never happened before today. I beeped the horn later today too but nothing happened....:crazy: Any ideas?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I note the same thing on my '05 wagon using a Valentine One detector that is hardwired. I tried getting power from the cigarette lighter socket but it made no difference. I don't recall exactly where I'm picking up the +12V, but I think I went directly to the +12V into the fuse block. I know it is not on a switched line.

I used this same detector on three cars prior to getting the Passat and never had it happen before. Very confusing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts