Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Horn / fan - wires caught by fan?

986 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  PZ 
#1 ·
'98 Passat B5 1.8T
Got a few things fixed using this forum, so thanks for them - and now...

The smaller electric cooling fan wires were found dangling down under the front bumper as though they got into the main fan... so far I haven't located where these cut/frayed wires go to. Suspect I need to remove the front grill area - looks like there may be still more damage there. It looks like there aren't many screws holding that on - possibly 1 each side, 2 or 3 in the middle at the top?

I thought there was a post here where someone had removed that to replace headlights, but haven't found it.

The horn wires appear to run with the passenger side lights through the fender, the two horns are there, but I get no sound with ignition on.

Fuses look okay - except 'fog light' or 'towing' (35 /36) blown - no fog lights on it at this point, anyhow - previous owner may have removed them after hitting whatever it was that did the other damage.

Any hints re horn, grill removal, or if you know where the wires for that fan run to will be appreciated.

aargh!! this is why it was 'cheap' !! ;)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.