Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ha! you all probably thought this was an easy "where is the hood latch" and you all can use your knowledge to tell me...

unfortunatly it is not.

when i pull on the hood latch inside the car, it wont pop the hood, it seems the cable is broken. is there an easy way to fix it? or at least another way to pop the hood? i want to know my ECU number. and i usually need to get in the engine bay for various reasons...

98 1.8t 5spd.

:confused:

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
You can use the vag-com to get the ECU # also. if the hood is completely shut (not just "in between" open and shut after you pull under the dash) then it sounds like your cable might be either broken or somehow disengaged from the hood latch. If that is the case, follow the link to rusty's thread in the thread above. be sure to drill the hole in the right place. when i drilled the hole, it was WAY off.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, for some reason i wiggled the latch that shoots out from under the hood, even tho it was still in there, and it came undone. but i closed it (after i got the ECU #) and tried again and same thing, but i didnt bother wiggling it. its cold out. ill investigate that thread and my situation again.

again thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts