Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, and it's a stupid question, but here it goes. I was checking the oil on my new 04.5 Passat today, and I noticed there was no insulation pad under the hood. I am 99% sure there was one on the 2000 Passat I traded in to get this one, but I am not completely positive. Anyone have a Passat without one, specifically a new one, or did no Passats come with these? Do I need to address this with the dealer? Thanks for any info. Joe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My 04 (not 04.5) V6 has one. I'm surprised VW would get rid of this. They're also there for fire protection - held on by plastic screws that melt in the event of fire thus dropping the pad over your engine to smother the fire. Many cars have these nowadays.

·
Registered
334 Posts
ubergeek said:
My 04 (not 04.5) V6 has one. I'm surprised VW would get rid of this. They're also there for fire protection - held on by plastic screws that melt in the event of fire thus dropping the pad over your engine to smother the fire. Many cars have these nowadays.
My '04.5 GLX V6 has the pad - and the dealer explained to me that the pad also functioned to smother engine fires by dropping over the engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.