Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and my buy got first and not only did he get first but he won by 20 sec. beating 7 other H1 cars. his brother got second in the H2 class.
the H1 car is a 92 civic hatch with a b16b with b18 internals and now the motor is pushing about 260 WHP and the car is about 1900 lbs . not a bad way to start the season! and for all of you that think hondas are "pussy" cars feel free to try to step up to this beast .mine you it is not a street car . but damn it is fast!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
you should drive that bad boy to a high school english class!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should drive that bad boy to a high school english class
:puke: :thumbdow: :sleep: wow you got me good maybe i should just stay off this forum :thumbdow: :thumbdow: :evil:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
you should drive that bad boy to a high school english class!
hahahahahaha sorry but its true :roll:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Is Jason Franza still running H2 in his ITR?

Anyone running a 2.4L K series yet? I thought P1 Automotive was building a 270 whp EG hatch.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
there's a lot of ppl beginning to do k-swaps. I do believe k into the EP and EK civics are already avail. Of course, what really matters are for the better EG's, EF's civics and the DC2's (I've always thought the civics went downhill/overtly commercial since the EK's). I do know Hasport is working on k-series mounts for the EG, if they arn't already out yet. Unfortunately I haven't heard of mts for the EF's.

K-series have a LOT more potential than b-series, or 270whp for that matter. there has been speculation (even claims) that 300whp from a 2.0l k20a motor, all-motor (no forced induction or juice!) is very realistic. However, it's currently not a very good time to get into them. Many parts still need to be custom made. It's diff even to get much of a selection on headers and cams. Parts are also more expensive, but they are grad getting cheaper. I'd say a usdm K20a swap from a reputable vendor costs maybe around $4k. I'd say about a yr from now, the aftermaket will be great for the K-series should make things cheaper. I think also B-series motor prices should also come down a lot, esp the higher end GSR and ITR motors which cost about the same if not more than the K20a, but don't have nearly as much potential.

About 99 1.8t's claims that a b16b motor (CTR), using stock b18b internals, and making 260whp is pretty outrageous. Very few ppl can make 260whp on a b-series (unless it's using forced induction), and it would for sure not be running a low displacement 1.6l B16, or even bored out 1.8l B16. A 260whp all-motor b series motor, would have to use all very trick parts (high 14:1 compression, boring and extensive headwork) engine management, a very good builder, extensive tuning, and around $15k!

It's a very elaborate process. It's a far cry from slapping on a chip or turbokit, and exhaust and calling it a day. Nobody can beat Honda for making highly tuned smaller displacement N/A motors. They also have good potential for turbocharging (just ask fellow clubb5 member Blade), and could potentially put any 1.8t or 2.7t motor to shame.

·
Registered
593 Posts
There is more to a car than how fast it can go. If you want fast get a superbike...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just found out i was wrong about his cars wait it is 2234 wich is just 34 LBs over the wait limit .he was still lighter than all of the other cars they all came in just over 100LBs

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
991.8t said:
i just found out i was wrong about his cars wait it is 2234 wich is just 34 LBs over the wait limit .he was still lighter than all of the other cars they all came in just over 100LBs
Along wit da englch clas take som speling lesons tooo

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
not to be rude or anything, but what's the big deal about immaculate spelling, grammar, etc? It's not like we're in some formal essay writing, or business forum. :p

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ronaldmcdonald said:
not to be rude or anything, but what's the big deal about immaculate spelling, grammar, etc? It's not like we're in some formal essay writing, or business forum. :p
thank you that is how i feel i am sorry that i have never taken a typeing class . and for you guys that think i put this thread up to make myself feel stupid ,you can get [email protected]#$ed. assholes are ther reason i started going to other forums, at least they dont bash your grammer...........is this site for car lovers or for english majors? mods. please lock this thread. :mad: :thumbdow: :thumbdow:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
the forums are for intelligent discussion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Medrosje
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing