Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to use Homelink but would like to enter a 4 digit code instead of only pressing a button...
I do not think it is secure to open your garage door with a press of a buttom if your car gets stolen.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Unfortunately you won't be able to do that in the Passat if that was your question.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Why is it not secure? If your car gets stolen, then you've got bigger problems. And you can always simply unplug your garage door when you're not home. Of course this is inconvenient, but if your car is stolen, I'm sure it will be the least of your troubles.

I added Homelink to my 2000 B5 it is awesome. It looks clean and doesn't rattle when going over rough road, like the remote supplied by the garage door manufacturer would do.

If you're thinking about getting a Homelink visor, definitely do it. Just don't get ripped off. I've seen quite a few visors go for over $100. I got mine for free from a wrecked Passat and I would suggest the same for anyone interested. And even if the owner of the wrecked Passat wants to charge you for the visor, I don't think a fair price would be anything more than $50. Good luck!

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
If your garage has a "rolling code" then there is no one specific code that can open it, since it is everchanging. Therefore your homelink or your garge door openers would the the only thing that could open it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.