Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I've been searching for angry looking eylids for a week now. I did not found anything that would match the rest so I decided to make my own ones. The blueprint is done, I'm going to cut it out in alu tomorrow.

Well..what do you think? Looking angry? :lol:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
WOW!! Definately YES!! I L:heart: ve IT!!! :bow: :bow:

When do they go into production?!? :lol:

(how do they affect lighting? It covers up an awful lot of the headlight)

Did you document it? Post a blueprint maybe? :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe, well maybe I will do that!

:poke: About how it would affect the lightning, I tried the put on som "replika" in black vinyl today and it looks like it will work perfect. :thumbup:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah great work, WOW the more I look, the more I like!!

How did you make them?? Out of what material!!! How long did it take?

Also where did you get the mirrors??? :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I love them!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The eyelids are in alu..

Hehe, just you wait the see the rest...and the real thing..it's going to be :suspicio: :crazy: :nervous: :weirdo: :bow:

Take care :wink:

oh well.. the mirrors are M2 replika. Ordered it from a Swedish store called MDS.

·
Registered
224 Posts
they look sweet man'

I gotta learn how to do this stuff....all these crazy mods you guys customize like kits and eyelids and stuff....can they all be done at most car shops?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pancreas said:
:shock: Hehe.. :lol: !

I've heard that before, I think it was in a cheat mode in a motorcycle game..

bing bing bla bla bla... hehe that's cool!

Well I will update with more pictures today, I can take som pictures of the making of the eyelids if anyone wants to see. I had to make a little change becouse it took away a little bit to much of the lightning picture. But it still looks pretty angry :suspicio:

Take care!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well well...

Now the upper lids is done and ready for prime and paint. I had to change their shape a little, to make them legal :suspicio:

just cutted and no finish..the lower lids are now in black vinyl, I'm working on them in alu right now..

when the first modding is done it would look something like this...

:bow: :b5:

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
i'm sorry, the first design looks like you may be cutting off the high beams and the second design just doesn't look good. The B5.5 headlight design is pretty nice. Your eyelids would need to accentuate those lines and your second set doesn't do that...but that doesn't mean you can't recut them! :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
18 Participants
chrisyoon
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing