Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
two days. I just had the Meyle Upgraded OE Control Arm & Heavy Duty Tie Rod End Kit from ECS Tuning installed. A slight twitch on the steering wheel is felt on the road immediately. :thumbup: Now I can try that 45mph right angle bend :crazy:

The installation cost for both upper and lower control arms and tie rod ends including alignment was about $600.

Thanks again Club :b5: for all the info gather pre installation. :thumbup: Stealership wanted $1400 :mad: :thumbdow: just for the lowers.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
did ECS do the install, or did you take it to a local garage?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a local shop in Milwaukee who are experts in German and Swedish cars and are willing to install customer parts.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I just had the ECS tie rod ends installed and noticed a big difference but still need to replace the control arms...thinking of greasing the bushings to see if that temporarily helps stop the annoying squeaks :poke: :weirdo:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
orlangba said:
I used a local shop in Milwaukee who are experts in German and Swedish cars and are willing to install customer parts.
Hey,
Which place are you talking about? I'm in Milwaukee too and right now using an independant mechanic for everything, but it'd be nice to have other options.

P.S. Are you going to the Chicago GTG on May 2nd?

·
Registered
26,001 Posts
Damn,over $100 an hour? I need to move there and make some money. It should take
a good DIY'er 4-5 hours in their garage. Don't know why a shop would take any longer.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PZ - with the winter conditions in Wisconsin, :mad: getting the lower control arms offf using jack stands for a DIY'er is not an easy job. Salt :mad: can do a number on your car. Note also, that the price includes alignment and all the shop gizmos and TAXES.

·
Registered
26,001 Posts
Even still,a shop should know how to get it done faster. I know I have had problems with installs down here
due to rust on the upper control arm ball joints.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
PZ
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing