Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've removed the original post, with just the pictures here as kind of a memorial. Hoagie we miss you so much and only had you with us for a few days... please see the last post for explaination.

The short of it is we just didn't kitten proof the house as good as we could have. If you have small animals, PLEASE realize that they can and will get into everything. Accidents do happen, and can be shattering...
Just being cute

ROAR!!!

This is the closest the two got.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
cute but I dont like cats...just something in them makes me scared :nervous:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
He looks like trouble! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
haha, it's so cute mann, those are great pics.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We just got back from Easter dinner, and the house is still in one piece, and neither cat shows wounds. Ty isn't hissing everytime Hoagie walks by, so things are getting a little better ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Get some spray on catnip (seriously, they make it)... and put some on Hoagie periodically for a few days... Ty'll love him. :)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sadly, Ty is NOT a fan of catnip, otherwise that would be a great idea. Anyone else have suggestions on getting these two to get along quicker?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Your new kitten is SO adorable... he reminds me of when my two youngest cats were little. We also had another cat, and although they didnt like eachother at first they do like eachother now, so I'm sure your situation will be quite similar. :)

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Gurft said:
Sadly, Ty is NOT a fan of catnip, otherwise that would be a great idea. Anyone else have suggestions on getting these two to get along quicker?
Time, you have an adult cat who has beent he onyl cat, and now a kitten gets thrown into the mix. How old is Ty? The older they get the less tolerant they will be with a "new addition." Howeverm if Ty is usual well mannered it will probably be just a matter of time, maybe a few weeks.

The good news is Hoagie is a Kitten and isn't old enough to be the dominant cat and maybe Ty just needs to realize that. Once Ty puts little Hoagie in his place a few dozen times things will probably be fine.

Of course, they are cats and they might just scrap all the time.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it's just going to be time too. Ty is used to being in homes with other animals (usually dogs and ferrets) Ty's 5 now, so she's not that old at all. I figure they'll go a couple rounds and that will be the end of it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: New Kitten!

Gurft said:
His name is "Hoagie" and he's a 6 week old domestic short hair. He's definately still a baby, and likes to hide behind my computer and snuggle up :)
Being originally from Philly, I can really appreciate the name Hoagie! :lol:

Forgive me if you know all this stuff already, but as someone who has raised many cats too, I have to say- take advantage of every chance that you can hold or "snuggle up" with the kitten at this age. They are really formulating how they will permanently relate to humans at this stage, and if they are handled consistently, and gently, they will be a "lap cat" their whole life. When you put him down, put him down very softly - this way the kitten learns to always trust you to do so all the time, and will never mind being held for that reason.

Congrats! He's a cute cat, and I hope he and Ty get along well.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Re: New Kitten!

Gurft said:
He's definately still a baby, and likes to hide behind my computer and snuggle up :)
Hate to tell you this but he's actually stalking your mouse... :lol:

So cute but I'm allergic to cats in the worst way; I took in a stray siamese once and lasted just one night. it came to our bed and laid right across my chest; next thing I knew, I couldn't breath!!! Everthing swelled up. So off he went to a co-worker who had 2 other cats.

Cat hair and dog saliva get me all the time so I have no pets. :(

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really don't even know how to write this, but Hoagie has passed away. Christie came home from work today and he was fine, playing with her, she ran out to get a few little cat toys and a second litter box and when she came home she found hoagie behind her computer all wrapped up in the wires limp. We're both extremely upset, but felt bad with such well wishes here that I thought I should at least put something. WE've both fallen in love and complete attachment with hoagie, it's just so upsetting to have seen him there.

We took him over to the vet and they said they would take care of everything, rest in peace hoagie, our 3 days was too little.........

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
32 Participants
quazar
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing