Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Hey terrance, where did you get your headlights? Will HID work in those?
The only black ones I saw in Taiwan are these... ?S???-?j?M5000?U???~ not sure if they are the same...
I believe the one you found is an improved version.
You could do HID conversion by any aftermarket HID conversion kit with correct Bulb spec

·
Registered
31 Posts
The car already had HID when I got it.. but I think it's not the real Hella kit and the lens is really cloudy.
I like the stock look, but since everything seems so cheap on Taobao, I have some doubts...

I'd prefer these ricey ones, but I'm not certain if it's for the EU B5 or the China Linyu version.
B5 Headlights
B5 Headlights

Already have these items in my Taobao shopping cart... pending for CNY bonus but will probably get a turbo swap first.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
The car already had HID when I got it.. but I think it's not the real Hella kit and the lens is really cloudy.
I like the stock look, but since everything seems so cheap on Taobao, I have some doubts...

I'd prefer these ricey ones, but I'm not certain if it's for the EU B5 or the China Linyu version.
B5 Headlights
B5 Headlights

Already have these items in my Taobao shopping cart... pending for CNY bonus but will probably get a turbo swap first.
these lights are fine for your B5
do not buy those with red or blue led which is illegal to most countries. And do not buy door moulding as Chinese b5 doors are longer than other countries

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is there any Passat that has those headlights installed? I suspect it's made by Solar too... so imma give their factory a visit.
So the door mouldings and bumper moldings will not work? bummer....now I gotta get the EU ones or the US ones to color match...

101 - 111 of 111 Posts