Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys!!!

I'm new to this forum...just joined actually. I live in Hong Kong and on my third Passat now. Used to own two VR6 Passat B4s and had just obtained a 2000 1.8T Passat(B5) Variant (Stationwagon) earlier this year.

Looking forward to learning / knowing you all!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I just bought a 98 passat, I find it really very rare in HongKong! So it is difficult to find a garage to do maintenance. After a few days driving, I think B5 is a good car, especially the 1.8T engine, it's quite smooth. I am happy to share experience with you all here later....

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
Lawrence said:
Hi, I just bought a 98 passat, I find it really very rare in HongKong! So it is difficult to find a garage to do maintenance. After a few days driving, I think B5 is a good car, especially the 1.8T engine, it's quite smooth. I am happy to share experience with you all here later....

Dah Chong Hong is the sole agent for VW/Audi so they can perform the maintenance.
If cost is an issue you can always try Challenger in Kwun Tong.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I noticed that your headlights look like they're one piece, I guess that's what "integrated turn signals" means. Are those the same ones you can find on eBay for less than the FKs?

I know some OEM Chinese parts don't fit US Passats. I wonder how these lights will do. Did you change out the bulbs in the Halos or did they come with that whitish-blue look?

Do you have stubby side mirrors on both sides?

Your car is AMAZING. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi , I'm the lucky one who bought the B6 in Sept 2007. Just new to this forum n so far I did luv the car very much. Since I'm Luckily dat I bought her w/ everything I need at dis moment~~~such as body kit , audio n 18' mag...

Thanks for dis good forum n I could know much more for my B6 especially something technically.

Tim.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Hi , I'm the lucky one who bought the B6 in Sept 2007. Just new to this forum n so far I did luv the car very much. Since I'm Luckily dat I bought her w/ everything I need at dis moment~~~such as body kit , audio n 18' mag...

Thanks for dis good forum n I could know much more for my B6 especially something technically.

Tim.
B6 is a nice car that I love too.
Yes, the B6 forum section is a good place for you to hang around.
Maybe one day I'll get a B6 wagon with you too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
found your post on vortex n lead to this thread. i like ur passat. i'm visiting beijing in couple day. just wondering if you know any shop around there that sells vw oem or aftermarket parts. i want to get some cool stuff u get there we don't here.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I know official VW service centers selling vw parts to public is prohibited .
Sorry that I'm not famillair with beijing which is very far away from Hong Kong.
There may be some parts shop but beware of fake parts which can be bought everywhere. I suggest you to ask this question locally when you arrive.
Goodluck and have a nice trip.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts