Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Terence Poon - Hong Kong

Hi Terence,

WOW you have a nice ride!!
I just modified my chip to 1.1 bar Wett chip like you did. Its awesome!!!

BTW, I'd like to ask you about "Audi S4 front left wheel fender liner", did you installed it as it is? (i mean does it fits without any modification?)

:???:

·
Registered
37 Posts
HKB5variant, just a simple question... :bow:

How did you stick the interior chrome trim on the panel? The panel is covered by low surface energy plastics, which common adhesive is hard to stick... :???: Did you permanently stick them? or you have any secret method to do so?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
slpassat said:
HKB5variant, just a simple question... :bow:

How did you stick the interior chrome trim on the panel? The panel is covered by low surface energy plastics, which common adhesive is hard to stick... :???: Did you permanently stick them? or you have any secret method to do so?
The secret is sticking it by Pentax transparent multi-purpose glue.
It's packed like a toothpaste. It's heat and water resistant after applied.

Evenly apply on the cleaned surfaces of both the trim and the panel, then allow them to dry out before sticking them together.
Press it firmly. That's it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh, so they are permanently stuck on the panel... Is it hard to remove it afterall? Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
After trials, I found my way :lol: on installing those stripe. Here it goes:

1) clean the panel with alcohol.
2) stick a layer of aluminum foil (one side self adhersive).
3) clean the surface of alu-foil.
4) clean the back surface of the stripe.
5) put a proper amount of blu-tack on the back of stripe.
6) press the stripe firmly on the alu-foil.

That's it. It is now possible to remove the stripe without damaging the panel surface.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
If it's possible I want to have a look at your sideskirts this Christmas... I might want to get some :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like there will be a gathering for Passaters in Hong Kong this Christmas :)
May I join if it is true?

I have been driving my 98 1.8T Satin Silver Passat for 5 years, although not without minor problems, I still love driving it at lot :heart:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
CLai said:
Seems like there will be a gathering for Passaters in Hong Kong this Christmas :)
May I join if it is true?

I have been driving my 98 1.8T Satin Silver Passat for 5 years, although not without minor problems, I still love driving it at lot :heart:
xmas GTG in HK? no one is organising it yet. If I remember correcly, we had GTG at Tai Mo Shan with Vorscht members last year. Actually there are some CB5ers I know in HK like you who haven't post his cars here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Too bad that imagestation changes their policy. BTW, I am very curious about what the small TURBO badge on ashtray looks like...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Props for my fellow CB5er from HKG :thumbup:

Congrats for B5OTM - well deserved honour for your hardwork and dedication to the community

·
Registered
50 Posts
HKPassat said:
Props for my fellow CB5er from HKG :thumbup:

Congrats for B5OTM - well deserved honour for your hardwork and dedication to the community
Congrats, Terence! Haven't seen you for a long time. Glad to see that you have made it. You've made us (fellow Hongkongers) proud.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Late Congratulations from Macau. Too busy for the time being that I have not visited clubb5 for a long time. Proud of you, Terence! :thumbup:

61 - 80 of 111 Posts
About this Discussion
110 Replies
41 Participants
RiceBoy1.8T
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing