Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

HKB5variant- Hong Kong

78K views 110 replies 40 participants last post by  RiceBoy1.8T 
#1 · (Edited)

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Terence Poon - Hong Kong (HKB5variant)

Nice

Are the VWs sold in Hong Kong basically equivalent to the British model, or the Chinese?

#14 ·

Your car's pretty sweet.

Did you get your crystal projector headlamps, corners indicators & side blinkers in HK or did you order them from overseas?

<![CDATA[Your car's pretty sweet.

Did you get your crystal projector headlamps, corners indicators & side blinkers in HK or did you order them from overseas?

[Modified by HKPassat, 3:38 PM 12/1/2002]

#21 ·

You are welcome! My car is 2002 Audi A4 1.8T(164hps). I'm happy to share the experience to some body who drive a VW and Audi's car, and your car is very sweet!
If you have any necessary in car parts I can help and share to you!

#22 ·
Re: Terence Poon - Hong Kong (kkau)

Hi Kkau,

How lucky you are to have one of the newest A4!

You seem to know quite a bit about different car parts. Do you have connections with the dealerships or sales channels for different components?

#23 ·
Re: Terence Poon - Hong Kong (abs0)

Hi,Abs0,
I'm not relative to any sals or dealer in Hongkong, I have a lot of intresting in VAG 's car only. But my friend know some parts suppliers in Taiwan and Singapore, so he can provide all the genuine and OEM parts in VAG's car for me, and I'm very happy to help some VAG's owners to find some car parts!

<![CDATA[Hi,Abs0,
I'm not relative to any sals or dealer in Hongkong, I have a lot of intresting in VAG 's car only. But my friend know some parts suppliers in Taiwan and Singapore, so he can provide all the genuine and OEM parts in VAG's car for me, and I'm very happy to help some VAG's owners to find some car parts!

[Modified by kkau, 11:02 PM 12/2/2002]

#24 ·

All 1.8T owners please pay attention in your engine oil!
The select of engine oil is very important for VAG's car in Asia, especially for 1.8T engine. All new cars are fill up of engine oil by VAG factory when they completed, but the SAE of engine oil always is 0W/30 or 0W/40. These oil only suitable for use in -20Cto15C out door temperture, so these oil are not suitable for Asia situatation! If you selected a wrong oil, it can reduce the tubro life and increase the engine noise. The correct spec. for 1.8T in Asia is 15W/50 or 5W/50. So, take care for the oil selection.
By: KK

#25 ·

Hey Terence,
nice ride! I used to live in Hong Kong, Shatin to be exact. But I moved to the US about 12 yrs ago. I was gonna visit HK this Christmas for vacation but we couldnt book any airline tickets in time. So instead I'll have to wait another year. I miss HK, I wanna see how much has changed. Are there lots of Passats in HK?

#27 ·

I'm from HK too, and came to US a bit more than a year ago, studying here right now. To be precise, I was born in Malaysia (ethnically 100% Chinese), brought up in HK, now I'm in US, and don't know what will be next thing.

I got my car not too long ago. And Terrance, looking at photos of your car is giving me lots of inspiration of what I can do to mine.

I'll be in HK this Christmas, acutally in around 10 days time. It'll be great if we can meet up and I can have a glance at your awesome car. (And make myself even more hyped up about what to do to my car.
)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.